The Nurse in the Delivery Room Slapped Me… Once:
Stories and Perspectives to Help You Unlock Your Amazing Potential
About The Book
What if the book of your life was supposed to be dramatically different? Perhaps it was meant to be more purposeful, caring, insightful, motivating, enterprising, hopeful, successful, eventful, inspiring, daring, humorous, inquisitive, uplifting, passionate, confident, charitable, ambitious, reflective, faithful, charismatic, creative, playful and audacious - not to mention significantly happier and way more fulfilled... or some combination of the above. What if it's not too late for it to be so? And finally, what if the path primarily is up to you? What if?
Here's another excerpt to give you a better idea of the motivational perspective you can expect from "The Nurse in the Delivery Room Slapped Me... Once";
About The Book
On many occasions, the question has been posed whether (paraphrasing) the intended purpose of my writing is inspiration to seek a more enlightened spiritual path; or, instead, a call for greater personal enlightenment, a license of sorts, to release the motivated, dynamic, and empowered individual within. Without any hesitation, my answer invariably is yes.
If the thoughts, anecdotes, and perspectives offered here become the catalyst for a decision that changes the world for the better, I'm pleased with that. If instead, it is your world, or even merely a couple of your days, that are enhanced, I'm pleased with that also. If the result is enhanced perspective that causes you to tell a loved one how much you care, or to reconnect with a long lost friend, I'm pleased with that. If, instead, the result is to speak more often to the people you encounter on the street, I'm pleased with that also. If the result is a life considerably more committed to spiritual growth and a better relationship with the Almighty, I'm pleased with that. If, instead, the result is a more solid commitment to your aspirations, a solemn promise that your fulfillment and intended destiny in life you will more purposefully seek, I'm pleased with that also.
Whatever the derived message, whatever the useful insight, whatever meaningful perspective there is to be acquired, any positive impact is just that—a positive impact—for you and the world. And if you've ever found yourself pondering what's going on, doubtful as to how things can possibly be turned around, whether with respect to the quality and direction of your life or with respect to the lack of brotherhood and consideration in the world at large, the solution may very well be relatively simple. When it's all said and done, perhaps what it's going to take to change things is a growing number of us—altering mind sets, altering attitudes, altering paradigms, altering perceptions, and, thus actual, prospects—one individual, one day, one inspired interaction at a time.
And as we could all benefit from the use of a little enlightenment of spirit from time to time, you are encouraged to utilize this book as a readily accessible kick-start of inspiration when needed. You are encouraged to enlist this book as your very own life-affirming, life-enriching, self-empowering tool.
Before diving in, there are a few things worth noting to add a little context and further prepare you for what is to come.
- This book is comprised of thoughts, feelings, perspectives, and revelations about the purpose and relevance of life; a lifetime of happenstances and interactions, and the meaning ultimately derived.
- Just to be clear, I am not a doctor. I'm just someone who happens to be blessed with the need, from the time I was a child, to always ask why, and cursed with the need for a somewhat, at least, logical answer.
- The experiences, events, and assorted details related, intended to offer perspective and food for thought about the nature of life, are in no way presented in chronological order. As for the stories and passages, written over the course of numerous recent years: the first offered could have been the last written, and the last could have been the first. Intentionally, it is a testament to the randomness of life.
- Some thoughts, perspectives, and anecdotes shared will be reinforced many times throughout. The repetitive nature is purposeful, as increased exposure will lead to increased absorption and adoption; ultimately fostering an even more fortified new you.
- Last, but not least, given this book is a collection of individual stories and verses, the original intent was for each to stand alone. It was envisioned that each item would be separately read and appropriately pondered for the incremental insight and perspective that each separately could potentially bring. But just the same, you can read it straight through from cover to cover, seek out particular chapters when in need, select randomly day to day, earmark favorites and read them whenever the mood strikes, or employ any combination of the above.
But however you employ this book, however you choose to use it, do use it. For, as far as we know, we've got one life to get it right. And the power to change is in our hands. And now, so is the book.
It's time to turn the page.